Don't get me wrong--I'm very glad to be back in Kentucky. Closer to family, closer to some friends, etc. But some times, there are things I miss about "my old life" in Connecticut. Because I'm feeling a little nostalgic, here they are, in no particular order...
1. My friends--Priya, Lauren, Dana, Michelle, Elizabeth, Alicia, etc etc etc.
2. Paul's Pasta--This was one of my favorite restaurants in Connecticut. All the ingredients were made from scratch daily. We would get take out a lot because it was really close to my house. We would eat there, in the restaurant, sometimes...but as my co-workers and I found...the waitresses really weren't that nice! They always seemed like they were "doing us a favor" or something, which really put me off. Oh well. I still miss the delicious food.
3. Rob Rivers Salon & Spa--You want the best eyebrow wax ever? You go here, to Rob Rivers Salon & Spa in Mystic, Connecticut, and you get the hook up with Danielle or Katie. I have yet to have a comparable eyebrow wax. Talk about spoiling me. I might have left there with two red stripes across my face, but there was nary a stray eyebrow. Here? I've yet to receive the same level of service, but perhaps I've yet to find my Danielle or Katie.
4. Valentino's Restaurant in Ledyard, CT--The best pizza, hands down. My co-workers and I went here ALL the time because it was just 5 minutes from our office. They knew my order like they knew their own name. I took my family here once and they LOVED it. In fact, they still talk about it. Mmm, I could go for a slice of Valentino's right about now!
5. A 35-hour work week and a supervisor who really didn't care if I left early on Friday. Need I say more?
Okay that's about it for now. I've got to finish up some schoolwork and call it a night.