As always, visit ConversionDiary.com to read more quick takes or better yet, participate!
1. I've had a really, really busy week. A lot is going on at work (I'm preparing for a press conference on the 26th and a big launch of something on the 2nd) and I'm trying to make sure I've covered everything. I've never done this before, so maybe next time around it will be easier. However, my workload at work is making my workload at school become a 2nd priority. At this point I'm just going for a B and a C. How pathetic. I never thought I would reach this point, but that is all I need to graduate. I usually hate to even make a B--so the fact that it has come to this? Sad. Oh well.
2. I'm setting up for a big meeting and presentation today when my a guy calls me on my work cell phone. I presume he first called my office and when I didn't answer (wasn't there), called my cell. He's like "Oh hi Jill, this is so-and-so. Do you have a minute?" I tried to be polite, and responded, "Actually I don't, I'm sorry. I'm getting ready for a really big meeting here in about 15 minutes."
His response? "Well, I hope it's an important meeting."
Are you kidding me?! This is a guy I have met once. In December. ONCE. Further, I hadn't heard from him since that initial meeting. I'm not typically a "what's-in-it-for-me" type person, but he's calling me because he wants something from me, not because he has something to offer. I just said, "You know, actually it is a very important meeting. I have a launch on April 2nd and this meeting is critical." Perhaps he was expecting me to be a shrinking violet, because when I said that and didn't back down...he changed his tone. Grr! What I really wanted to say was: "Ya know what buddy, you're only screwing yourself."
3. This is also work-related. I really have nothing else to talk about (sorry), but this one is funny. I talked to an older gentleman on the phone this week. Later that same day, I got a voicemail from him. Based on what he said, he did not remember he had talked to me. Fair enough, maybe he made a lot of calls. The next day though, he leaves another voicemail, and it was like he still didn't remember that he'd talked to me OR that he'd left me a voicemail. I sort of felt sorry for the guy!
4. The weather has been so nice this week, I am really excited for warm weather! Several days this week I rolled the windows down in my car...it was so nice to get some fresh air! I saw people out walking, wearing shorts, and a number of people running outside. It made me wish I was one of them (and I'm not much of a runner, though I need to be).
5. My Kentucky Wildcats won today! Woohoo! GO CATS! You can't consider yourself a true Kentuckian if you don't love Kentucky basketball. They played their first game in the SEC Tournament at 1:00 today. Fortunately we have cable at work, so I kept popping into the break room to catch a few minutes of the game. It is SO fun to get excited about UK basketball after a few abysmal years with the last coach. I would LOVE to be in Nashville catching some of the tournament!
6. I am in love with this apron. I guess I have a thing for red and polka dots, since I purchased a custom camera strap for my Canon 30D that is red w/white dots. My cousin told me it looked like I had a Minnie Mouse camera now. So I guess that means this is truly a Minnie Mouse apron, but that's okay. I love it!
7. I am considering changing the name of my blog. Old Skool is kind of dumb. Yes I am "old" to be in school, but pretty soon I won't be (in school, that is). Plus it is just dumb--it doesn't tell you anything about me. Right now, I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of something unique. Any ideas?
That's all for now kids! Have a GREAT weekend everyone!